TransAtlantic Festival Day 1
A.C.H.E. featuring Oscar G, Oba Frank Lords, Katiahshé
DJ Lazaro Casanova
Fri. April 21 // North Beach Bandshell
TransAtlantic Festival Day 2
Afro Roots World Music Festival
Vieux Farka Toure
Sat. April 22 // North Beach Bandshell
Often called “The Hendrix of the Sahara”, Vieux Farka Touré was born in Mali in 1981, son of legendary guitar player Ali Farka Touré who died in 2006. When Vieux was in his teens, he declared that he also wanted to be a musician. He continues to record, working collaboratively to share the beauty of Malian music, an exciting rising star in World Music today.
North Beach Bandshell, 7275 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach 33141
An iconic MiMo open-air amphitheater next to the beach, the North Beach Bandshell is home to the TransAtlantic Festival since 2003. Some F.A.Q.’s:
- All ages are welcome at the Bandshell – children under 6 are admitted free to the Festival
- Please leave your pets home. Service animals are welcome at the Festival
- We have concessions for sale inside the Bandshell – no outside food or drinks, no coolers
- The Bandshell has open-style bench seating – no need to bring your own chairs
- Parking is available in the municipal lot at 73rd Street & Collins Avenue, across the Street (Free after 6pm!). When the lot is full, find street parking near the venue.
THE SERIES PAYS TRIBUTE TO MIAMI AS A TRUE MODERN TRANSATLANTIC CAPITAL, A CROSSROADS OF THE AMERICAS AND EUROPE.
Detail from Beatles Mandala by Kevin Arrow, City of Miami Beach Art in Public Places, Bandshell Park, Miami Beach
NORTH BEACH BANDSHELL
TRANSATLANTIC SPOTIFY PLAYLIST
The TransAtlantic Festival, now in its 15th season, is produced by The Rhythm Foundation.
Support is received from the John S and James L Knight Foundation’s Knight Art Challenge, Concrete Beach Brewery, Jack Daniel’s, Atlantic Broadband, City of Miami Beach Cultural Arts Council, Miami Dade Department of Cultural Affairs, and Florida Department of State Division of Cultural Affairs.